Stories for Hungry Ghost Festival: Sharing the world with spirits – The Star Online - Mrhurrellsfinequalityparanormalfiles

Breaking

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Stories for Hungry Ghost Festival: Sharing the world with spirits – The Star Online

In conjunction with the Hungry Ghost Festival, readers share their spine-tingling stories of ghostly or supernatural encounters.

Human beings live in this physical world while the spirits live in the spiritual world. But both of them do live side by side.

At an early age, I was told that there were spirits everywhere and whenever I wanted to piss in the open, I had to mutter the words, “Thanks for moving aside (for me to pee),” in order not to deface or offend the spirit.

In the post-war year, I came across a science book which stated that the human body is made up of chemicals. When the body dies, the body disintegrates and turns into dust. Thus, the familiar saying in the funeral sermon: “from dust to dust”. The dust intermixes with the soil and eventually enters the food chain. The other more active chemicals evaporate into thin air and remain there always.

This chemical is ignited when it comes in contact with the opposite chemical emitted from another foreign body, thus causing the formation of whole figures, translucent figures, or shadowy figures which we call “ghosts”. Normally, these ghosts are harmless. It is only in cases of retribution that the ghosts appear fearsome, to punish the perpetrators for committing violent crimes.

Many years ago, I used to go to Penang frequently to work and had to stay for a night or two at an old mansion acquired by the company for redevelopment. The late Dr Lim Chong Eu, then Chief Minister of Penang, visited the old mansion which has a seafront. He told us that Japanese troops occupied the old mansion during the war. Victims were brought here and later thrown into the sea to drown. The site was a killing zone.

I did not meet with any untoward incident during my stay at the old mansion. However, while on a family holiday to Penang, my wife slept in the next bedroom. She woke up after 9am the next morning. She related that she could hear typewriter noise coming from the office downstairs. At the same time, she saw naked Japanese soldiers walking around the room.

She had a “psychic” eye. One day, on a house-hunting trip, she saw goblin children playing in the building while I could not see any. During a hospital stay, she said that she could see figures chatting at the toilet doorway.

On a trip to Singapore, we stayed at my towkay friend’s condominium. My wife was having an afternoon nap when suddenly she was awakened by the ghost of the towkay who asked her why she was sleeping on his bed!

Her father had an encounter with the ghosts of his ancestors. On the eve of moving house, he took down the old portraits of ancestors from the top floor hall to be destroyed and burnt. After the job was completed, he rested in the living room.

He then saw figures of his ancestors walking through the front door; they passed by him and proceeded to the staircase to return to the upstairs hall where they used to be. All this happened in broad daylight.

One morning, while having breakfast in the kitchen, my wife fully dressed, walked into the kitchen. I asked if she was going to the hairdresser’s. She just walked past me, without replying, to the rear of the house.

After breakfast, I found her still asleep in bed! Later she told me that she had not left the bedroom yet that morning. She said I must have seen her hantu halus.

In another incident, a visitor to the house, upon arrival, saw an old lady at the top of the floor landing. He must have seen the ghost of my late mother whose portrait was hanging next to the landing. I consider that was my Mother Angel who is still looking after me since 1938 when she died.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3ghY83t
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment